Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield, Illinois is seeking full-time faculty members to join the Division of Endocrinology. The Division supports a four person fellowship, and the role of Associate Program Director is available for qualified applicants. Additionally, the Division has an American Diabetes Association certified diabetes program and hospital diabetes team. This is an exciting opportunity to take part in expansion and enhancement of an academic endocrinology division that is vital to improving the health of the people and communities of central and southern Illinois.
The Department of Internal Medicine and Division of Endocrinology play an important role mission of the School of Medicine to assist the people of central and southern Illinois in meeting their health care needs through education, patient care, research and service to the community. Founded in 1970, SIU has received national and international recognition for innovation in medical education and offers a welcoming environment for dedicated clinicians who love to teach. Memorial Medical Center and St. John’s Hospital, both 450-bed community hospitals, are teaching sites for SIU SOM. In May 2015, Memorial Medical Center opened the new Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation, expanding SIU’s vision to be a national leader for excellence in healthcare learning and innovation through skills training and simulation labs.
Highlights of the position and area include:
- Join a thriving and robust practice of three board certified endocrinologists, two nurse practitioners and a team of registered dieticians and certified diabetic educators.
- Work closely with endocrinology fellows and play a key role in the fellowship training program.
- Participate in the development of an ambulatory telediabetes program to provide services to rural patients in conjunction with partner hospitals.
- Regularly work with residents and medical students and take part in conferences and other trainee educational activities.
- Provide service to the Department, School, and University, including participating on SIU committees, attending departmental faculty meetings, grand rounds, and other functions.
- Collaborate with faculty nationally recognized for innovative medical education, cutting-edge research and quality healthcare.
- Supervise and oversee educational programs for medical students, residents, and fellows.
- A competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and University funded malpractice plan.
- Springfield offers family oriented communities, excellent schools, and affordable housing.
- Easy access to large metropolitan areas in St. Louis, Chicago, and Indianapolis.
Qualifications: Must be board certified in Internal Medicine and board certification/board eligible in Endocrinology. Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the state of Illinois. Demonstrated background and interest in academics. Thyroid ultrasound training required. Thyroid biopsy skills preferred but not required.
For full consideration: A letter of interest and curriculum vitae should be directed to the executive search firm:
Jordan Search Consultants c/o Sheila Bixler by email, email@example.com; by phone, 636.294.6082.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.