Summary: The ER Physician shall provide services to acute episodic and urgent patient care at Bassett Army Community Hospital, Fort Wainwright, Fairbanks Alaska
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· The HCPs shall be a Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy who successfully completed an Accreditation council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Residency Program in Emergency Medicine or a Primary Care Specialty (Family Practice/Medicine, Internal Medicine or Pediatrics).
· All HCPs can be Board Eligible or board certified in their specialty by one of the following: American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine (AOBEM), American Osteopathic Board of Family Practice (AOBFP), American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM), American Osteopathic Board of Pediatrics (AOBP), or the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM), American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM), American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), American Board of Pediatrics (ABP).
· There is not a minimum experience requirement for Emergency Medicine trained HCPs. All other qualified providers must have a minimum of three years’ experience in the last five years in an Emergency Department Setting.
· Each HCP shall possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in one of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or U.S. Virgin Islands and be able to obtain privileges at BACH through approval of the Credentials Committee.
· Each HCP shall possess and maintain current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number.
· Each HCP shall have and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. The American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers is the only program accepted. BLS recertification shall be maintained in a current status at all times while the HCP is performing services under this contract.
· Each HCP shall possess and maintain certification Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced
· Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Basic Life Support (BLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) at HCP’s expense.
· Each HCP shall be able to obtain privileges and be credentialed (as appropriate) by the MTF’s Credentials Committee.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.