EliteMed Staffing Group is actively looking for Emergency Medicine Physician who can treat patients with life-threatening conditions. Their primary job functions will be to resuscitate or stabilize patients and refer them to the appropriate medical departments. Emergency physicians often work as part of a team, with physicians of other specialties and other members of the ED staff.
Emergency Medicine Physician Duties:
- Performs or directly supervises the provision of the professional general or specialty medical work of ordinary difficulty.
- Examines patients, orders or performs diagnostic tests
- Formulates diagnosis, directs or performs appropriate therapeutic treatment & counsels patients
- Evaluates and treats patients presenting themselves for care in the Emergency Department.
- Provides medical control to paramedics and ambulance personnel.
- Consults with private physicians concerning their patients in the Emergency Department and advises them concerning the need for admission of their patients to the hospital.
- Make appropriate referrals to attending physicians
- Institutes immediate intervention in life or disability-threatening emergencies.
- Evaluate a wide variety of ailments and be able to think and act quickly.
- Documents evaluation of and treatment given to all patients in the Emergency Department medical record.
- Provides each patient with discharge instructions, both oral and written.
- ED Monthly Meeting Attendance
- Development and participation in new projects
Emergency Medicine Physician Qualifications:
- Current New York State License to practice medicine
- Experience in an Emergency Medicine setting is strongly preferred
- Current ACLS, ATLS, PALS and BLS Certification for non-Boarded in Emergency Medicine