Seeking Emergency Medicine Physicians to Serve our Nation’s Veterans!
Work SmartER. Play HardER. Live BettER.
University of Maryland is currently recruiting for BE/BC Emergency Medicine Physicians for the Baltimore VA Medical Center. Full-time and part-time positions are available. These are academic positions and include bedside teaching of residents and medical students as well as clinical research.
The Baltimore VA Medical Center is located in a vibrant city neighborhood on the campus of the University of Maryland at Baltimore and is within walking distance of Oriole Park at Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium (home of the Baltimore Ravens), Lexington Market and the Inner Harbor. The facility is a relative newcomer to the downtown landscape, officially openings its doors in January 1993. The Baltimore facility has a proud tradition of providing the most current technology; it was the first medical facility in the world to create a filmless radiology department, allowing nearly instant access to patient radiology images. The emergency department maintains a staff of BE/BC physicians who are proud to serve our nation’s veterans.
Our Facility Includes:
- Annual patient volume of approximately 32,000
- Level III trauma center
- 11 ED beds
- 130 inpatient beds
- Bedside ultrasound machines
- Advanced airway equipment including video laryngoscopes (GlideScope®)
- A primary rotation site for UMMC emergency medicine and internal medicine residents
- Full team of in-house physicians representing all specialties
When you join University of Maryland’s Academic Emergency Medicine Department, you can expect:
- A very competitive annual salary including bonus eligibility
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Relocation reimbursement
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Retirement plan 401(k) with employer match
- Annual stipend for CME, licenses, dues to professional organizations, etc.
- Tax-free tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid vacation, sick time, holidays and personal days
- An academic appointment with the University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Loan forgiveness consultations available