Colorectal Surgeon Opportunity in Greenville, NC (Academic)
The Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, at East Carolina University is seeking a colorectal surgeon to join its division. Candidates must provide classroom instruction in general surgery for medical students, and appropriate training and supervision for house staff. A strong interest in academics and research is desired. Fixed-term, tenure track, or tenured positions available at the title/rank of assistant Professor or higher.
The successful candidate will join an active, collaborative clinical, teaching and research program consisting of 4 surgical oncologists and 1 PhD translational scientist. The division has a robust breast, hepatobiliary and colorectal surgery practice and is the only provider of surgical oncology subspecialty services for eastern North Carolina, an expansive geographic region consisting of 29 counties with a population of over 1.5 million people. Vidant Medical Center, a 909 bed tertiary care teaching facility serves as the primary teaching and clinical care venue for an integrated nine hospital hub and spoke system. It is now completing the construction of a $200 million 500,000 square foot freestanding cancer hospital which is on schedule to open in March of 2018. The hospital will contain a state of the art radiation oncology department including cyberknife, gamma-knife, MRIdian Linac and 96 beds, 48 of which will be designated for surgical oncology. The multidisciplinary cancer program is further supported by a robust division of medical oncology with identified disease site specialists in breast, GI, thoracic and GU oncology.
Candidates must be board-certified or board eligible in colorectal surgery and must have completed a colorectal surgery fellowship.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,000) is a family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University, the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent school options
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
For more information, email your CV to Amanda.Anderson@vidanthealth.com or call 252-847-9029.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.