HEADLINE: Baltimore, MD: Cardiac Surgery Director is needed for busy group of two Cardiovascular Surgeons. The new cardiac surgeon will be a replacement for the current Director. High cardiac surgery volume. Very light call. Employed by well-regarded health-care system. $ Excellent financial package!
LOCATION: Baltimore, Maryland:
- This Director of Cardiac Surgery opportunity is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Please scroll down regarding information about the city of Baltimore.
- Located in Baltimore, Maryland, a Director of Cardiac Surgery is needed to join a busy group of two Cardiovascular Surgeons.
- The new cardiac surgeon will be a replacement for their Director of Cardiac Surgery who is leaving the program.
- Qualifications of Desired Candidate: (1) Candidate must be a Board Certified Cardiac Surgeon. (2) Needs to have at least ten years of experience in clinical surgery encompassing all aspects of adult cardiac surgery. (3) Catheter-based skills -- TAVR and endovascular surgery -- desired. (4) The candidate must present documentation of a suitable number of cases and excellent outcomes.
- Other duties of the Director will include: (1) Overseeing Divisional quality-improvement programs. (2) Representing Cardiac Surgery in multi-disciplinary performance reviews. (3) Developing new clinical programs. (4) Teaching residents rotating on the Cardiac Surgery service.
- The cardiac surgery volume for the two cardiac surgeons was 400 cases per year.
- Call: It is very light shared calls at 26 weeks per year, as most
cardiac procedures are elective.
- The new CVS will practice out of a stellar teaching hospital. This hospital is comprised of a highly-regarded Cardiovascular Institute and a Division of the Department of Surgery. It is separate from General Thoracic Surgery and Vascular Surgery Divisions, including a Level II Trauma Center and independent General Surgery Residency. The Cardiac Surgery Division has consistently ranked highest in the Mid-Atlantic area in outcomes.
- This well-regarded Cardiovascular Institute is a comprehensive, integrated inpatient and outpatient program dedicated to preventing, treating and improving outcomes in heart disease, vascular disease and stroke. Through a variety of specialized centers and a large network of affiliated and employed cardiologists, the Institute provides state-of-the-art, patient-centered care and conducts groundbreaking cardiovascular research that exemplifies excellence and compassion. One such center features five state-of-the-art catheterization labs and a state of the heart Siemens Artis Zeego Hybrid room. In addition, the center provides advanced diagnostic modalities including Nuclear Spec CT imaging, 256 slices Siemens Flash CTA and 3D Echocardiography.
- They have close ties with a prestigious university which will allow consideration for an academic appointment there.
- Their cardiac surgeons and physicians of all specialties are all employed by this state-of-the art teaching hospital. The hospital is owned by a very well-regarded regional health-care system.
- They are offering a very competitive financial compensation package, will includes:
- Strong starting base salary.
- There is also an RVU-based productivity incentive.
- In addition, they provide a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
- The earning potential is excellent!
INFORMATION REGARDING BALTIMORE, MARYLAND:
- Baltimore, Maryland has approximately 800,000-plus residents with a service population 1,000,000 plus.
- It is the largest city in Maryland and one of the great port cities of the world.
- Baltimore is an exciting city, with charming neighborhoods, ethnic and cultural diversity, Chesapeake Bay cuisine and a wealth of history.
- This great city also offers excellent educational facilities, including the University of Baltimore and Johns Hopkins University.
- You will also be able to take full advantage of, and have easy accessibility to, historical Washington, D.C., and is located only 45 miles away.
- Baltimore has a wide variety of restaurants to satisfy nearly every palate.
- It is also a sports fan's dream come true, including baseball, football and soccer teams.
- A temperate climate, beautiful waterfront homes, great shopping, superb dining options, excellent educational facilities, and a plethora of cultural activities all contribute to making Baltimore a great city to live and practice Cardiac Surgery!
Ms. Judy Anapol
Anapol Enterprises, LLC
200 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016-4827
800-388-6478 (Day and evening)
New York residents: 212-545-7660 (Day and evening)
Fax: Please call first.