***Accepting Candidates From Search Firms For This Opportunity***
Vidant Medical Group and The East Carolina Heart Institute at Vidant Medical Center are seeking a Board Certified Physician Assistant or Acute Care Trained Nurse Practitioner to assist with acute patient care in the Cardiothoracic Surgery CVICU unit. The successful candidate will be part of a team of 10 NP/PA providers and perform histories and physical examinations, ongoing patient assessments, participate in daily patient rounds with physicians, facilitate pre-operative and post-operative patient care, and assist in the operating room as needed. Well established cardiac surgery team with surgical volumes averaging 1,000 pump cases a year.
• Graduate from a PA or Acute Care NP program approved by the NC Board of Medical Examiners or NC Joint Subcommittee
• PA’s must have board approval to practice medical acts
• NP’s must be licensed as a RN
• New graduates of Acute Care NP programs are encouraged to apply
Vidant Medical Group is a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health. Currently Vidant Medical Group employs over 400 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Vidant Health is one of the largest healthcare systems in North Carolina, serving more than 1.4 million people through its regional network of 10 hospitals serving 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. 85,000) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I Conference USA- football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
Vacation, Sick, & Holidays
Malpractice (with tail)
Medical, Dental, & Vision
For more information contact Denise Owens at Denise.Owens@vidanthealth.com or call 252-847-4774.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.