Vidant Medical Group and East Carolina Heart Institute are seeking a Board-Certified /Board- Eligible Cardiac Psychologist to join their well-established advanced heart failure and mechanical circulatory support program in Greenville, NC. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Job Highlights include:
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group, a physician led multi-specialty physician organization.
- Inpatient and outpatient clinical responsibilities
- Monday through Friday, no call
- Established advanced heart failure and mechanical circulatory support program with two advanced heart failure cardiologists, heart failure surgeon, heart failure pharmacist, heart failure social worker, six heart failure advanced practice providers, and heart failure certified nurses.
- Hospital Privileges at East Carolina Heart Institute at Vidant Medical Center, one of the top cardiac facilities in the country.
- Several state of the art heart failure clinics serving Greenville and multiple regional locations.
- Joint Commission- certified destination LVAD center.
- Pulmonary hypertension program with dedicated pulmonary hypertension clinic and inpatient management.
- Established CardioMEMS center.
- Established cardiogenic shock program with dedicated ECMO team and CICU critical care service.
- 29 county referral network that includes 1.5 million residents.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plan
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Vidant Medical Group is a multispecialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health. Currently, Vidant Medical Group employs over 425 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
- Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
- ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
- Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
- Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
- Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
- Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
- 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
- Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
Vacation, Sick, & Holidays
Malpractice (with tail)
Medical, Dental, & Vision
For more information, please contact Denise Owens at 252-847-4774 or by email at Denise.Owens@Vidanthealth.com.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.