SAINT JOSEPH HEALTH SYSTEM
CARDIOLOGIST OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION
- Employment with Saint Joseph Physician Network. Practice of 2 cardiologist physicians seek a 3rd BE/BC cardiologist.
- Non-Invasive cardiologist position who can perform echo studies, stress tests, pacemaker insertions, and interrogations.
- Community based practice conveniently located in Medical Office Building adjacent to our 58-bed hospital.
- Average number of patients seen per day in clinic is 15; 30 minutes for new patient visits, 15 minutes for follow up visits.
- The practice has three outreach clinics; each physician will be responsible for one site.
- Call is 1 x 3; rotate covering day consults, admissions, ED cases, reading Echo's/EKG's/Holter monitors, and rounding in the hospital.
- Support staff includes 2 RN's, CMA and CMA/Device tech. A Nurse Practitioner also supports the physicians.
- Physician ramp up should be very quick as there is high demand; over 60 new patients per month come into the practice.
Compensation & Benefit Package
- Competitive salary range in line with MGMA standards; based on production and achievement of value driven quality metrics.
- Malpractice paid by corporation, including tail insurance.
- Health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance/retirement benefits.
- 22 days off per year; 7 holidays; 5 days and $3,000 for CME.
- $3,000 per year for professional journals, dues, and memberships.
- Relocation assistance provided in accordance with policy.
The Hospital and the Michiana Area
- Saint Joseph Health System (SJHS) has been in the Michiana region for over 100 years. A new 254-bed hospital was built in 2009 in Mishawaka. Plymouth hospital has 58 beds.
- SJHS offers all private rooms; some of the services provided include oncology, neurology, obstetrics, surgery, pediatrics, and orthopedics.
- Saint Joseph Physician Network, the employed provider arm of SJHS, includes 20 practice sites with over 70 primary care and specialist physicians in St. Joseph and Marshall Counties.
- The Michiana area, north-central Indiana and south-western Michigan, has a population of more than 240,000. The SJRMC service area has a population of nearly 900,000.
- Known for the legendary University of Notre Dame, the area boasts several colleges and universities, along with multiple reputable private and public school systems.
- Close proximity to Chicago and Indianapolis and Lake Michigan.
For further information contact Paul Charkowski, Manager, Physician Recruitment for SJHS,
at email@example.com, or phone at 574-335-8750.