East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine Department of Cardiovascular Sciences and Vidant Medical Center are seeking an Interventional Cardiologist. The successful candidate will assume the roles of Cath Lab Director, Chief of Interventional Cardiology and Program Director of our Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Program. Applicants should be board certified, have at least five years of experience and be at the current academic rank of Associate Professor or full Professor.
Job Highlights Include:
- Academic employment by East Carolina University with a fixed term or tenured track appointment
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center
- Ability to teach medical students, resident and fellows
- Access to high volumes and complex cases
- Involvement in large clinical trials
- Four full days in lab per week
- State of the art inpatient and outpatient facilities including a 6-story cardiac hospital attached to a 909-bed level 1 trauma center
- 29 county referral network that includes 1.5 million residents
- State benefits and relocation
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in NC.
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.