Eastern Pennsylvania Health Service is in need of a Bariatric Surgeon
- They are recognized as the nation's leading bariatric surgery program
- Board eligible/certified in General Surgery
- Must be fellowship trained in bariatric surgery for consideration.
- Would consider both new graduates and experienced candidates.
- Six month income guarantee.
- There is a possibility that the income guarantee could be extended beyond the six month period if the candidate is doing well but is having a problem establishing their practice and getting cases scheduled.
- The company's marketing branch does direct to consumer marketing.
- They advertise online and on TV in the Philly area.
- Their customer service agents book patients for consults according to the surgeon's schedule. They can control their consult volume by how much they advertise.
- That is how they can be assured that they can provide consult patients for a new surgeon.
- Current practice usually has two bariatric surgeons.
- Their second surgeon left last June to become semi-retired and to move closer to his significant other.
- They have been running with just one surgeon.
- Decision was made to increase their volume; thus the need for an additional Surgeon
- The bariatric surgeons are independent practitioners contracted to provide surgical services and follow-up to their patients.
- They have their own practice and business entities that bill and collect from the patients for their professional services.
- They provide the office staff in their group practice area in the hospital.
- With two surgeons, the consults are distributed evenly between the two.
- If by the end of the six month guarantee, the new surgeon is beginning to book cases and has enough work to maintain their salary, they will end the guarantee.
- Would prefer candidates who can do bands, LGEs (lap bypasses) and sleeves.
- They would also want someone who is comfortable and able if they have to do an open procedure.
- Call is 1:2
- Located near western Philadelphia and southern New Jersey
Contact: Neal Fenster