We are currently scheduling interviews for an Allergist to join a group practice in Louisville, KY.
- Responsible for managing patient health problems related to allergies, asthma and immunology
- Work independently and collaboratively with nursing staff
- Perform history and physical exams for new and established patients
- Prescribe appropriate medications and order diagnostic/laboratory tests in accordance with patient's needs
- Develop care plans and implement treatment plans based on clinical decisions
- Responsible for ordering and supervision of allergy immunotherapy, treatment of adverse reactions to immunotherapy/immunizations, drug challenges, drug desensitization, food challenges, and cluster and rush immunotherapy
- Oversee pulmonary function testing, epicutaneous and intradermal skin testing and immunization administration
Located across the Ohio River south of Indiana and 100 miles from Cincinnati, historic Louisville KY was named one of "Most Livable" cities in the country by the United States Conference of Mayors in 2008. Known internationally for its legendary Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs, Louisville offers cosmopolitan amenities ranging from magnificent city parks to such annual cultural events as The Garvin Gate Blues Festival and St. James Art Show. Louisville also has the third largest historical preservation district in the nation with nearly 48 blocks of 1870s Victorian homes situated near Spaudling University and the University of Louisville.
The west main district of downtown Louisville includes Museum Row where the Louisville Science Center, Frazier International History Museum and Speed Art Museum are among the outstanding city attractions. The Kentucky Center downtown is home to the Louisville Orchestra, Louisville Ballet and other local cultural institutions while Freedom Hall regularly plays to capacity for Louisville Cardinals fans. Become a part of the excitement in this thriving community of warmth and hospitality whose affordable cost of living for its 741,000 residents makes Louisville a city on the rise!
Contact: Neal Fenster