A nonprofit healthcare organization in New York City is actively seeking an experienced, licensed Physician to join their growing staff as their new Medical Director. In this role, the Medical Director will be responsible for assisting the General Manager of the facility with the planning, directing and coordinating of all medical and related activities for one of the organization's programs. This is a great opportunity for a board eligible / certified Medical Director to gain valuable work experience and further their career at one of the organization's facilities in Manhattan. Apply today!
The Medical Director position is accompanied with a generous compensation and benefits. Responsibilities include:
- Participating in implementing standards of medical service and advising General Manager on medical and administrative questions and policies
- Planning for and participating in physician education; investigating and implementing new medical and clinical practices and techniques
- Serving as consultant for unusual and difficult medical cases
- Assisting in the supervision of medical operations to ensure high quality and cost effective medically necessary services, along with ongoing care management, are provided by assigned staff based on medical standards while abiding with contract relationships in home, community and facility-based settings within a capitated reimbursement rate
- Participating in establishing medical policies; designing and implementing advanced care/case management strategies; and communicating, as needed, with providers to ensure effective quality care is being provided
- Reviewing care / case management reports and identifying trends and needs of the program population
- Providing guidance and consultative services to Utilization Management (UM) and Care Management (CM) staff on issues relating to clinical services, case management, condition management, and health risk assessments
- Developing solutions for complex cases; reviewing prior authorizations / denial of services, grievances and appeals
- 5+ years of experience in Clinical Medicine, including Geriatrics or HIV population; 3+ years of Medical Management experience
- M.D., D.O.
- Board Eligible / Certified
- Administrative and/or Management experience
Your privacy is important to us. For consideration, please submit your CV in confidence and our recruiter will contact you to discuss job location and details before forwarding your CV to our client for an interview.