A medical facility in New York City is actively seeking an experienced, licensed Physician to join their growing staff as their new Chief of the Medical Unit. In this role, the Chief of the Medical Unit will be responsible for supervising and periodically reviewing the deployment of medical staff (Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, and Registered Nurses) in the dispensing of medication, in the provision of primary car, and in representing the medical perspective during multi-disciplinary team meetings. Apply today!
The Chief of the Medical Unit position is accompanied with a generous compensation and benefits. Responsibilities include:
- Certifying all medical staff is able to perform basic medical procedures, such as venipuncture, EKG, reading of PPD and Blood Glucose testing
- Evaluating and examining patients and utilizing the clinical history, physical examination and the appropriate laboratory data adhering to appropriate standards of treatment
- Practicing and overseeing the provision of health promotion and disease prevention, including administering vaccinations and counseling regarding the virtues of dietary and hygienic interventions where appropriate
- Providing first aid and emergency care to patients and staff who become ill during working hours
- Participating in the provision of Physician weekend on-call coverage on a quarterly basis
- Collaborating with and follow the guidance of the Clinic Director pertaining to administrative procedures and policies of the clinic
- M.D., D.O.
- Board Eligible / Certified
- Internal Medicine, Family Practice, and/or Addiction Medicine background
- Current registration with the Drug Enforcement Administration
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and as an HIV primary care provider
Your privacy is important to us. For consideration, please submit your CV in confidence and our recruiter will contact you to discuss job location and details before forwarding your CV to our client for an interview.