Chief, Hospital Medicine
Career Defining Opportunity
U.S. News & World Report - Medical specialties ranked among the top 50 out of 5,000 U.S. hospitals
- Represents the Hospital Medicine program at the highest levels of the organization; including the Medical Executive Committee, the Inpatient Clinical Operations Committee and the Senior Leaders Forum.
- Provides an opportunity to lead a dynamic and growing Hospitalist department within a major academic medical center; the department functions as a private practice and provides private practice compensation to its physicians.
- Reports to the Chief Physician Executive; (who reports to the Dean of the School of Medicine)
- Is responsible for the faculty and staff of the Hospital Medicine department; 35 MD FTEs; 29 APP FTEs and 7 Clinical Care Coordinator FTEs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine;
- Minimum 10+ years of clinical experience and minimum of 5 years of Hospitalist experience
- Demonstrated success as a leader in a large hospitalist organization, an interdisciplinary institute, or a large academic entity of comparable size and scope.
- Knowledge and experience in the complexity of providing hospitalist care to a diverse population of patients.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively across clinical disciplines as well as multiple organizations.
- Experience in leading quality improvement initiatives.
- Experience developing effective coaching/mentoring programs for improved performance, demonstrated ability to address underperforming providers.
Please Reference HOSP DIR 6513
Our client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of, race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. Our client also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans. A pre-employment background check investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment. Physicians and other clinical faculty candidates who will be employed by our client or their entities, must successfully complete a pre-employment drug and nicotine screen to be hired.
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.