Company Type : Medical Consulting Firm
Specialty : Any licensed Physician preferably in Family Practice, Internal Medicine
Position Status: Flexible / Traveling 25 - 35 weeks a calendar year
Salary : $150,000.00 base annual salary
- $200 for each provider trained (3 rounds= 1 provider trained)
- “Out of town” bonus of $1000 per week; requires at least 1 night of hotel stay
- $1,000 if physician trainer participates in a presentation and client signs a contract
Physician Trainer will be responsible for conducting E&M coding training toproviders (physicians, nurse practitioners, other medical providers). Coding is conducted to cover office visits.
- Each session lasts approximately 90 minutes.
- Usually a minimum of 4 provider in each session.
- Will conduct between 3 to 5 sessions per day.
- 30 days after Initial training, Physician Trainer will conduct a follow-up review of charts. At least 3 charts per provider will be reviewed.
- 60 days after initial training the Physician Trainer will conduct Review #2 which is a 2nd chart review to reinforce training
- Required to be a physician who is licensed and has license in good standing. Does not have to be practicing.
- Incumbent must be able to be flexible when it comes to when to train and for traveling purposes. Incumbent would expect to travel between 25 – 35 weeks in a calendar year.
- Medical experience working in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics is desired.
- Should be an experienced physician. Suitable candidate would be a current physician who wants to leave an existing practice, retired from a practice or is considering retirement from practicing.
- May be required to attend a presentation with sales staff to follow-up or potentially close a potential training opportunity.
- Articulate - Good presence and easy to get along with
- Good story teller – Knows how to capture an audience. Able to articulate past experiences into an interesting story.
- Good organizational skill sets
- Time Management skills
- Always willing to learn
- Able to manage through conflict and teach others how to manage through conflict
- A relationship builder.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills. Someone who can get along with anyone.
Before being hired the candidate may be asked to sit in on a training program and observe.
Will go through a minimum 3 month on-boarding process before conducting first training session.
- Presentations as though conducting a training session.
- Work with each trainer and observe training and reviews.
- One to two sessions with current trainers critiquing.
- Conduct mock training sessions.