The Department of Surgery at East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine is seeking a surgeon for the Division of Transplant Surgery and Immunology to contribute to the growth and development of the kidney and kidney pancreas program. Candidates should have an interest in providing vascular access surgery and general surgery coverage for transplant patients. Fixed term or tenure track faculty positions are available at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor. Candidates must have completed a kidney and pancreas ASTS certified fellowship and should be board certified in general surgery. Experience in patient care as part of a multi-disciplinary team is required. Candidates should also have a proven interest and ability to teach residents and medical students and possess a strong background in basic science or clinical research.
The transplant program at East Carolina University is dedicated to providing state of the art care to patients with end stage organ disease in eastern North Carolina and has a special interest in the needs of immunosensitized and African-American patients. Our 29 county service area serves 1.4 million patients and has the fifth highest incidence of renal failure in the country. The program has experienced rapid growth over the past few years and expects an annual volume of 100+ renal transplants- cadaveric and living donor. UNOS approval for a pancreas program has been granted, and the program has had rapid growth. The dialysis access needs and a growing portion of the general surgical needs are provided by the transplant surgery division.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.