The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) the Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University (ECU) seeks a board certified or board eligible PM&R physician to serve as Medical Director of the brain injury/neuro-rehab team providing both inpatient and outpatient medical care.
Fixed Term position available at the title/rank of assistant professor or higher.
Opportunities exist for performance of intrathecal baclofen, spasticity, Botox injections and phenol blocks. Additional options could include ultrasound, musculoskeletal medicine, EMG, evoked potentials, wound/hyperbaric medicine, consults or other specialty clinics. The successful candidate will participate in the training of residents, medical students, and other allied health students. Research is supported and is a valued component of the position.
The PM&R Department serves the rehabilitation needs of the 1.3 million people in a 29-county region of eastern North Carolina and is located within Vidant Rehabilitation Center at Vidant Medical Center, with Spinal Cord, Brain Injury, General Rehab, and Pediatric Rehabilitation Units.
The Center's 57-bed inpatient unit is one of only few rehabilitation facilities in the U.S. accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in eleven or more specialty areas. The center is also one of the five centers of excellence at Vidant Medical Center, a 909-bed JCHAO-accredited level 1 trauma center. Vidant Medical Center is one of seven hospitals owned by Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center (formerly Pitt County Memorial Hospital). Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.