The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University (ECU) seeks a board certified or board eligible rehabilitation physician to practice medical management of musculoskeletal patients at the Vidant Neurosurgery Center. This is primarily an outpatient clinic assignment, with the physician housed onsite with the Neurosurgeons, but the desired candidate would also participate in didactics with residents, rotating medical students, and occasional research students.
Job Highlights include:
Join an 11-provider PM&R Faculty, 5 hospital based Neurosurgeons
Schedule is M-F
No weekends and no call
Large referral network including 7 regional Vidant Health hospitals and numerous outpatient practices
EPIC System-wide integrated EMR
The PM&R Department serves the rehabilitation needs of the 1.4 million people in a 29-county region of eastern North Carolina and is located within Vidant Rehabilitation Center at Vidant Medical Center, with Spinal Cord, Brain Injury, General Rehab, and Pediatric Rehabilitation Units.
The Center's 75-bed inpatient unit is one of few rehabilitation facilities in the U.S. accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in eleven or more specialty areas. The Center is also one of the five centers of excellence at Vidant. Vidant Medical Center is a JCAHO-accredited Level I Trauma center with 900+ beds and is one of seven hospitals owned by Vidant Health.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.