***Not Accepting From Search Firms***
The Department of Family Medicine, East Carolina University seeks a Clinical Operations Physician Faculty to serve as the Clinical Services Division Director and as the department’s Medical Director.
This full time position may be fixed-term or tenure-track; Clinical Associate Professor or Associate Professor rank. The position reports directly to the Chair. The position works closely with the ECU Physicians (ECUP) Medical Director and works collaboratively with the ECUP Associate Medical Director and Chief Operating Executive.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the clinical operations of the department to include the ambulatory clinic sites, the hospital inpatient service, maternity service, and nursing home care.
- Leads planning and goal setting for ambulatory clinical practice transformation work for the department, in collaboration with the ECUP leadership team.
- Supervises the ambulatory practice of clinical providers, leading them in the consistent provision of high quality, customer focused, efficient patient care.
- In alliance with the ECUP leadership team, coordinates the clinical operations of the department’s medical staff. Serves as a member of the ECUP Clinic Directors Committee.
- As part of ECUP’s leadership team, promotes quality, continuous improvement and patient safety
- Works with ECUP and department administrator to manage the clinical services to meet or exceed budget targets.
- Provides care to patients in the ambulatory and in-patient setting.
- Precepts Family Medicine residents and students in both the ambulatory and in-patient setting.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited institution.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Osteopathic Family Medicine or General Internal Medicine.
- Ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in North Carolina; be granted medical staff privileges at Vidant Medical Center; be approved to practice medicine through ECU Physicians, and receive medical liability insurance coverage through the BSOM carrier.
- Minimum three (3) years clinical practice management experience. Excellent communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Experience with electronic medical records.
Job Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in an academic setting. Expertise in the implementation of the Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMH)
- Experience with the EPIC EMR.
Family Medicine is one of the founding departments of the ECU Brody School of Medicine. The department has earned a national reputation for developing innovative programs in education, research, and patient care. The department has a strong faculty, a vibrant residency program, fellowships in Geriatrics, Sports Medicine, and Women's Health along with a well-established medical student education division providing education in all four years of the medical curriculum. For the last decade, the medical school has placed in the top ten schools national for medical students selecting family medicine as a career choice.
The 112,000 sq. ft. Family Medicine Center includes sixty exam rooms, pharmacy, laboratory, imaging, procedure areas, eight conference and class rooms, fifty faculty offices, thirty-six residents, and medical student on rotation. The ambulatory Geriatric Center is adjacent to the Family Medicine Center.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center, a 900+ bed facility with a level I trauma center which serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.