Providence Medford Medical Center is seeking an experienced physician leader to serve as the Perioperative Operations Medical Director (POD). The Medical Director will provide on-site leadership for the surgery, anesthesiology, and nursing teams in the operating room, while guiding the process for all pre-, intra- and postoperative aspects of patient care. In addition to clinical oversight, the directors responsibilities will include maintaining quality assurance and quality improvement processes, in addition to monitoring utilization reviews, to ensure the highest standards of patient care/safety, and efficiencies in operations. The POD will foster cohesive, amiable and productive working relationships among all groups involved in perioperative services - surgeons, anesthesiologists, nursing teams and external partners in the region. By promoting a healthy team culture that is stable and collaborative, the PODs leadership will aide in the continued success of a talented, high-functioning team in the OR. Responsibilities and qualifications are:
- Directing all aspects of operations to ensure alignment with the mission, values and objectives of the program, Providence Medford Medical Center, and Providence Health & Services
- Assisting in the coordination, supervision, and evaluation of the provision of medical services provided by surgeons, MPU proceduralists, anesthesiologists, physician assistants and nurse practitioners working in the OR and/or MPU
- Facilitating communication among various hospital departments, medical staff, administration, and physicians in the community
- Working as a liaison and advocate for administrative needs of the hospital, while aligning with the needs of our patients and caregivers working in the OR and/or MPU
- Provide medical services in compliance with bylaws, rural and regulations of the medical staff
- Board certification in surgical specialty or anesthesia required
- Demonstrated experience as a physician leader with responsibility for clinical quality and physician leadership development and education within an integrated delivery system, health plan, and/or medical group required
- An individual with strong emotional and social intelligence, and a demonstrated ability to connect with others in a meaningful way at all levels of the organization, especially physicians, surgeons and hospital leadership
- Ideal candidate will have experience with clinical quality improvement as a practicing physician, including work with hospital committees and medical staff leadership roles
Where Youll Work
Providence Medford Medical Center offers comprehensive acute and ancillary services to southern Oregon and northern California on a beautiful, 168-bed campus. Designated a Level III trauma center with its own cancer center, robotic-assisted surgery, stroke center and accredited regional rehabilitation services, Providence Medford provides quality, comprehensive care throughout the region.
Where Youll Live
In the magnificent Rogue Valley just 30 miles from the California border, Medford is the largest city in the southern Oregon region and serves as the medical hub for a population of more than 510,000. At an elevation of 2,000 feet, Medford has a mild climate and four distinct seasons. The Medford area offers a mix of physical beauty, cultural diversity and recreational opportunities, from Ashlands Oregon Shakespeare Festival to white-water rafting, biking, fishing, skiing and wilderness hiking.
Who Youll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Check out our benefits page for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 19548