We are looking for experienced Urgent Care Physician's to perform urgent care coverage at Urgent Care Centers in the Houston, TX area ' in a float position; working in multiple Centers. Brief practice details and what we offer below:
Benefits: Travel, Lodging and Malpractice Insurance
Projected Start Date:After Credentialing (30 days after acceptance); On-going assignment
Location:Houston, Katy and Pasadena area (3 Urgent Care Facilities in the area)
Contract:Independent Contractor/Locum Tenens
Schedule/Hours: 40 hours per week; 8, 10, 12-hour shifts (Exact days TBD)
Call Schedule:NO Call
Qualifications: Prefer Board Certified, Current TX Medical License, DEA, 2 years of experience and active ACLS & BLS. There will be a drug screen and background check if you're accepted.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment. Performs therapeutic procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care.
- Documenting/Charting patient information in line with current policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care. Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Follows established policies, procedures, objectives, and recommended referral practices.
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interpret test results for deviation from normal.
- Orientation and training of new practitioners when necessary.
- Supervision of midlevel practitioners when appropriate and abide by all associated rules and regulations.
If you're interested, please contact me for additional details. Have a great day and hope to hear from you soon