The Family Medicine Physician:
- Provides age-appropriate, holistic patient care
- Elicits, records and interprets the past medical history, family and social history as it applies to the patient
- Functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team to plan, deliver and evaluate healthcare for the center's patient population
- Orders and performs necessary diagnostic tests, procedures and therapeutic interventions as identified in the plan of care
- Promotes and support patient health maintenance that spans the continuum of health from outpatient to inpatient setting, as well as home care
- Performs medical diagnostic, therapeutic procedures, and prescribe, dispense or deliver medications according to protocol
- Facilitates referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Ensures that all electronic health record, and any other files (electronic and paper) are accurate, comprehensive, up-to-date and submitted timely.
- Provides health promotion education and serve as a resource for staff in area of clinical expertise
- Promotes a healthy, inclusive, and equitable culture and engaged staff
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited university is required.
- Currently licensed with the New York State Department of Health.
- CDS and BLS certification
- Facility with, and knowledge of, the health needs of the LGBTQ+ population
- Experience working with Diverse groups
- Experience with Electronic Health Records
- Social perceptiveness and sensitivity to the youth population
- 1+ year of experience as a Family Physician
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)