The Associate Chief of Emergency Medicine will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Chief in initiating, implementing, coordinating and overseeing Emergency Medical Quality Programs compatible with and ensuring furtherance of the hospital’s Quality Management System
- Assisting the Chief in recruitment and selection of competent, qualified physicians, physician extenders (nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and other clinicians to staff the Emergency Department
- Assisting in overseeing and evaluating their performance in keeping with Department standards.
- Assisting the Chief as designated representative for planning department educational programs
- Serving as a designated representative in the Chief’s absence
- Assisting the Chief and the Emergency Department in their role as EMS System interface and coordinators
- Serving as the Pediatric Emergency Care Coordinator
- Assisting the Chief in optimizing and training Emergency Department providers on Electronic Health Record
- Assisting the Chief in overseeing the Geriatric Emergency Department
- Attending weekly leadership meetings and complete assignments delegated by the Chief as needs arise
- 3+ years of Emergency Medicine experience
- M.D., D.O.
- Board Eligible / Certified
- Emergency Medicine Administrative experience