Join Heart and Vascular Institute Central Illinois
Illinois base Hospital is excited to add a Thoracic Surgeon to its Heart and Vascular Institute. The thoracic surgeon would focus on oncological surgical management of patients with lung and esophagus cancers, thymus tumors, general thoracic surgery, navigational and interventional bronchoscopy (bronchial stent), with some benign foregut surgery cases.
- Training and interest in Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery are preferred.
- Thoracic surgeon would enjoy a very generous compensation
- Thoracic surgeon would be able to work with Cardiothoracic Surgeons and a Surgical Oncologist and would enjoy a great support for call coverage from Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Both the Cancer Institute and HVI are on the same campus
- Currently has two (2) Da Vinci Robots and wants to stay at the forefront of technological advances in medicine.
- The ideal candidate would have some post-training experience, be board certified/board eligible in Thoracic Surgery and have excellent interpersonal skills for program building
- The position can include a dedicated time for teaching General Surgery Residents
- For candidates with a strong academic background, a research component will be considered
- Town is home of the Univ. of Illinois with more than 40,000 students.
- This is a very cosmopolitan place with a variety of restaurants offering international cuisine and a proximity of two large metropolitan areas, Chicago and Indianapolis (only 2-hour drive).
Contact: Neal Fenster