Full Time Family Practice Job MA
We are a non-profit, multicultural, community health center. Located in the heart of our community, we are at the center of a larger solution to the healthcare crisis that is facing our nation today. We are recognized as a leader in developing new initiatives that result in high-impact, low cost health care.
We are seeking family physicians. The positions are full-time, full spectrum (with or without prenatal care, with or without ob). Interest in serving the underserved is an essential must, and experience in the field is a great bonus. Any of the following languages is a plus: Spanish, Khmer, Arabic, or Russian. We are a leader in the field of primary care/behavioral health integration, so a strong desire to work with behavioral health issues and providers is essential. If you are not a certified suboxone prescriber, we will train you. Experience in performance improvement is another bonus. Ability to work one evening a week as well as comfort in an outpatient urgent care center are both requirements. We are constantly innovating and changing: we would like to hire physicians who see themselves as change agents, fiercely dedicated to social justice and to patient dignity.
Visa candidates welcome to apply
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic health information.
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts a program of care with total responsibility for examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patients.
- Secures history and physical examination of patient in outpatient service.
- Utilizes laboratory & diagnostic services as necessary.
- Makes a diagnosis & prescribes treatment as indicated.
- Performs emergency treatment in cases of serious illness or injury.
- Seeks outside advice & consultation as necessary; refers for medical surgical or other adjunct services those patients requiring specialty consultation, or for confirmation of diagnosis & treatment.
- Participates in preventive medicine activities such as immunization, disease detection, & prevention.
- Coordinates an education program for the patient & family.
- Hospitalizes patients and assumes full care of those hospitalized patients.
- Assumes “on call” responsibility for hospital and outpatient service.
- Participates in regular medical component meetings.
- Fulfills the expectations of the physician contract.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training and ACES Training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural bias or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise.
- Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible Family Practice
- Must have a Massachusetts license for the practice of medicine.
- History of good attendance & positive work attitude
- Must possess MCSR and DEA numbers to dispense restricted medications
- Must have completed full residency training as required by the specialty.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.