Locum Tenens Psychiatry Job Anchorage, AK
A hospital in Alaska is seeking a Psychiatry Physician to provide quality patient care for a Locum Tenens assignment.
- Dates: Immediate for 3 months plus of locums coverage
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (lunch is not paid)
- Setting: Inpatient
- Call: Must be willing to take call once during the week and an average of 1 weekend/month - average call is 5 times per on-call period
- Volume: 12 - 13 patients per day- average stay is 10 days
- Patient Ages: 18+
- Cases: - Acute care - all types. All civil commitments some forensic (court is held here at API 3x week for civil commitments)
- Will need to be comfortable prescribing any medicine over the phone to a pharmacist (while on-call)
- Candidate will not be called into facility once they are home. Admissions can be done the next day by the same person or if it is a weekend, whoever is on-call.
- Admissions are scheduled and take place during the bulk of the day. Any late admissions are rare.
- Support Staff: Nurses, psychiatric nursing assistants, psychology, rehab (we are currently out of psychology staff, but trying to replenish the supply)- support staff is spread thin. Very short on Social Workers
- EMR/Charting: 85% electronic (Meditech) some hand written
- Boards: Board Certified; Board Eligible
- Certifications: BLS; DEA
- Anchorage is the place where young spirits and adventurous souls come to play. Alaska activities including famous wildlife, spectacular mountain vistas, fascinating cultures and icy blue glaciers all await your discovery.
We take care of your malpractice insurance and pay on a WEEKLY basis.
Please reference job # JN -032017-2047
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.