Locum Tenens Surgery Job Delta, CO
A hospital in Colorado is seeking a General Surgery Physician to provide quality patient care for a Locum Tenens assignment.
- Dates: Full time, 4 days a week
- Schedule: Monday. Tuesday,, Thursday, Friday
- 1 day OR (average 5 cases/day)
- 1 day Clinic (average 22-24 patients per day)
- 1 day Scopes (average 10-15 scopes/day)
- Friday is flex day (typically a combo day...1 case, some clinic, couple scopes, etc.)
- * includes daily rounds on own patients (not on off day)
- Setting: Mix of Inpatient and Outpatient
- Call: 1:4 (average 25% of calls you're coming into hospital)
- Patient Ages: Teen and Up
- Procedures: Trauma Designation: Level IV - due to rural and agricultural area: hunting accidents, farm equip, hiking falls, axe/wood cutting, auto/motorcycle accidents
- Cases: General Surgery; cholecystectomies, GI cancers, laparoscopic hiatal hernia repair, hernia surgery, breast surgery, GI surgery, thyroid and emergent GS appendicitis, perforated diverticulitis, bowel obstructions, diagnostic and therapeutic upper endoscopies and colonoscopies, breast cases (partner w/ plastic surgeon for reconstruction)
- No vascular, bariatric, thoracic surgeries, or major burns (major burns shipped to burn center) typical trauma cases (due to rural & agricultural area: hunting accidents, farm equip, hiking falls, axe/wood cutting, auto/motorcycle accidents
- 4 OR's + 2 endoscopy suites
- CRNA team with OR and PACU RN's on call 24/7
- On-site lab 24/7 with 1-1.5 hour turnaround
- Support Staff: GS perform 30% of total surgeries & share blocked OR with ORS, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery, OTO, URO, OBG
- EMR/Charting: EMR: Athena (clinic) Scribes in clinic -- | Meditech6 (hospital)
- Boards: Board Certified
- Certifications: ATLS; BLS; DEA
- Discover all Delta has to offer! Explore the beautiful parks, museums, appreciate the arts and entertainment, and more!
We take care of your malpractice insurance, and pay on a WEEKLY basis.
Please reference job # JN -022021-24038
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.