Full Time Palliative Medicine Job Danville, PA
Posted by MPLT Healthcare
Employer MPLT Healthcare
Position: Director of Pediatric Palliative Care
Location: Danville, PA
Duration: Permanent Position
Licensure: Board Certified
MPLT Healthcare is looking for physicians who Understand the Urgency, Never Give Up, and Have the Courage to Excel in the forever changing medical industry! We currently have a unique opportunity for an experienced Director of Pediatric Palliative Care with highly competitive pay rates available in Danville, PA.
The Director will provide oversight, direct patient care, teaching and consultative services as a palliative care pediatrician. Our Division currently consists of a two Board-Certified Palliative and Intensive Care Pediatricians and a Social Worker who provides clinical oversight in the inpatient setting. An outpatient Program is just beginning to be developed. The clinical service provides primarily consultative care to children with complex, chronic life-limiting conditions although will assume primary coverage many times for children at end-of-life. The Program is designed to be a proactive service being involved in the care of these children very early in their disease trajectory. The Program cares for children and their families with a wide array of clinical conditions including cancer, chromosomal abnormalities, severe trauma, neuromuscular disorders, complex gastrointestinal conditions, congenital heart disorders and renal transplant recipients.
We also work closely with several of the local hospices to help assure quality end-of-life care for children outside the hospital. As well as with our Adult Palliative Care Program who provides Fellowship training in the field. We are seeking a dynamic director that will help lead our efforts in further developing a nascent Palliative Care Program that will assure the highest level of family centered care for children with complex, chronic life-limiting conditions within central, northeast and southeast Pennsylvania.
Duties of the Director include but are not limited to:
- Directing the day-to-day activities of the Pediatric Palliative Care Division.
- Providing strategic leadership by working with the Pediatric and Geisinger leaders to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies for the care of children with complex, chronic life-limiting conditions.
- Overseeing a bereavement support program for parents and siblings of children who have died.
- Providing education to medical students, pediatric residents, palliative care fellows, nursing staff and other members of the healthcare team.
- Providing administrative oversight of the Palliative Care Program
- Working with local and regional hospices to assure the best care possible for children at end-of-life outside the hospital setting.
- Leading and directing research in the provision of palliative care for children.
Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine, board eligible/certified in Pediatrics and Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine. The candidate should have experience in the provision of palliative care of children with complex, chronic healthcare conditions. General pediatric core skills are required.Five years post residency experience is desired. Leadership experience as a Medical Director within an integrated delivery system is highly desirable.
Licensure, Registry, or Certification Required: Current License to practice medicine in PA, DEA number, valid PA driver's license, maintenance of Board Certification in Child Abuse Pediatrics.
- Inquire Within
MPLT Healthcare specializes in placing well-qualified physicians and advanced practice clinicians in locum, locum-to-perm and direct hire staff and leadership positions while making this process as seamless as possible for our clinicians and client facilities.
Don't delay, apply today!
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.