Full Time Surgery Job SC
alarm 4 months ago
Posted by Integrity Healthcare
Employer Integrity Healthcare
General Surgery Physician - Near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
As the first hospital in one of the quickest growing areas in the U.S., we continue to expand and add to our health system to improve access and the quality of healthcare available to our community members. Located in a charming town and close to the ocean, this is the place to live, work and raise a family.
- DaVinci Robot
- Call 1 & 5; Level 3 trauma center
- ASC OP surgery center
- Clinic 2 clinic/2.5 OR
- If vascular -> wound care
- Bariatric program
- bariatric 225 cases per yea
- Searching for General
- Robotics and Hernia
- New Clinic 10 exam rooms / Procedure Rom / Radiology
- New Clinic HPS 2021
- 2nd in Market Share of the capture area.
- Consult via the ED
- 2 OR teams operating simultaneously
- HPS (ASC) will have 4 OR, use 2 daily
- 10 room OR, use 8 daily @ main campus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Distinction award winning
- Provider â€“ 1 MDA â€“ 4 CRNA
- PA/First Assist and MA, will have LPN -> MOA
- How large is your primary service area? 375,000 people / 18.5 million visitors to the market annually
- How many patients/procedures per day do you see in clinic/operating room? Clinic 40+/- daily (New patients, post Op/Procedures)
- How long do you spend for an initial consult? Follow up? 20 mins & 15 mins
- Do you perform colonoscopies/endoscopies? If so, what is your monthly/annual volume. NO EGD Volume TBD, COVID-19 has changed the historical trends. Ebbs and flows.
- Do you work with Advance Practice Providers (NP/PA) in your practice? NO
- If in a hospital employment model, what is the benchmark of wRVUâ€™s needed to meet your guaranteed salary? (MGMA-Median-2020-6,801)
- If you exceed the benchmark, can you earn a bonus during the guarantee period? Yes, all RVUs over the target benchmark pay incentive.
- How does the call schedule work? During the week? Weekends? 1 & 5; ED Consult and admission handle via ED dept to TeamHealth
- Number of phone calls__Less than 5_ Is there a nurse triage line to screen calls first_yes__
- Are Advance Practice Providers (NP/PA) used in the call schedule? NO
- Is there a call stipend? No, included within base comp.
- Opportunity to pursue subspecialty work? If so, up to what percentage of the practice can be in the subspecialty? Yes
- What percent of their practice is general surgery v. subspecialty? 80/20
- Do they share in the general surgery call, or just take subspecialty call? Yes, no sub call
- What special equipment is available for their subspecialty? Da Vinci Robotics XI platform, Monarch and Globus
- How many ORâ€™s are at the hospital? How many endoscopy suites? 10 / 8 & 2 Bronchi
- How many nurses/ancillary support staff is in the OR during a procedure? 3/4 What is their level of experience? Experienced.
- How many days a week are you in the OR? How is OR time determined? Block time or first come/first serve? How frequently is the block time reviewed? 2.5 OR / 2 Clinic; Understood Block
- What is the turnaround time in the OR? 35-40 case @ 20 mins turn over
- Opportunity to teach medical students/residents/fellows? yes
- What level of coverage ($1M/$3M typical) and how much do you pay for malpractice insurance? Yes
- Do you have occurrence or claims made malpractice insurance? If claims made, how much will your tail insurance be? Yes
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.