Permanent Chief Medical Officer Job Detroit, MI
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population ' moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients' 'face time' during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Brings together primary and multi-specialty care experts with ancillary medical services, including cardiology, pharmacy and acupuncture under one roof. Maximizes doctors and services in 'one shop' to deliver coordinated and collaborative health care that enhances quality outcomes, efficiency, and the patient experience.
- Values a positive and welcoming approach to patient care, particularly for underserved seniors with low to moderate incomes.
- Advocates wellness for patients along the health continuum, from intensive, preventive care to treating multiple, complex, chronic illnesses. Invests in our patients by implementing strategies that help prevent complications from chronic complex medical problems.
- Takes ownership of patient outcomes. Participates in doctors' meetings three times a week to present their patients to the entire group to enhance accountability and collaboration, as well as foster ongoing innovation.
- Utilizes customized, end-to-end technology designed to support every aspect of the ChenMed model and culture. This technology also enhances performance in practices that share a similar culture, health care philosophy, and patient mix.
- Oversees the medical services of up to 6 medical clinics as well as 50 plus physicians in a specific market according to our protocol.
- Hires, manages and mentors primary care physicians as a clinical leader. Directly responsible for talent selection and development including but not limited to: leading candidate interview panels, facilitated practice (shadowing physicians), 1:1s, leadership development plan execution, and performance management.
- Directly manages both primary care and one additional clinical functional area (e.g., transitional care or cardiology)
- Leads our physician providers in weekly morbidity and mortality meetings and participates in market leadership, executive, and recruiting meetings
- Supports the development and cultivation of positive relationships with local specialists and the medical community under the guidance of the market chief medical officer.
- Manages clinical teams to adhere to standard operating procedures on coding, HEDIS and other evidence based medicine.
Cultivates a uniform clinical culture, clinical values, clinical approach, incentives and performance values for our provider.
Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what's happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Current, relevant, and substantial knowledge of areas related to health center licensing and operations, e.g., legal/regulatory, administrative, policy, protocols, and other clinical issues, especially within a managed care environment, required.
- Knowledge and understanding of mid-level supervision agreements and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team, in collaborative settings, required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Understands and is committed to maintaining highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to staff and to build the trust and respect of patients, staff, colleagues, external contacts, and other MT members.
- Able to motivate staff; promote team building; assume leadership role within clinical arena.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required, including creativity, resourcefulness, timeliness, and technical knowledge related to analyzing and resolving medical/administrative problems.
- Sensitivity to needs of culturally and linguistically diverse patient and employee population.
- Excellent emotional coping skills, adequate to confront difficult emotional situations and emotional responses of others.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed the Service Excellence Standards of TVHC, Inc
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and to willingness to develop and adapt to the evolving technological requirements of modern medical health center practices required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Board certification, or Board eligible, in a major primary care specialty field of practice.
- Current, valid license to practice medicine including DEA license and CPR, required.
- Strongly prefer minimum one (1) year experience in progressively responsible administrative or management-related positions within a primary health care environment, preferably in medically needy and underserved communities and in a community health center setting.
- Previous experience supervising providers and other clinical staff is essential, with demonstrated record of success.
- Strongly prefer (1) one year previous experience as Associate Medical Director with a Medicare or Medicaid patient population.
- Previous experience providing services and exercising leadership in a culturally and linguistically diverse setting, with demonstrated success.
- Previous experience working within a managed care environment strongly preferred, especially with experience in administrative/management capacity.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.