Full Time Psychiatry Adult Job Pittsburgh, PA
A nonprofit health services company in Pennsylvania is currently seeking an experienced, licensed Adult Psychiatrist to join one of their facilities in Pittsburgh. In this role, the Adult Psychiatrist will be responsible for providing complete psych services to patients, including therapy, medication management and resource linkage to adult individuals with serious mental illness (SMI).
Responsibilities:The Adult Psychiatrist will be responsible for:
- Acting as the Psychiatrist for prescribed clients
- Supervising the Treatment team in numerous areas
- Conducting psychiatric assessments, including: psychiatric history; course of illness; response to treatment; mental status examination; and, DSM V diagnoses & present assessment results at team meetings and treatment plan meetings
- Performing individual, group, and family supportive therapy; psychotherapy and illness education, as needed
- Prescribing psychotropic medications; conducting regular assessments of therapeutic responses & side effects; and, educating clients regarding psychotropic medications
- Collaborating with Registered Nurses in assessment of client physical health, making appropriate referrals to Community Physicians for further assessment and treatment
- Providing ongoing support along with the rest of the ACT team as well as counseling and education to team members and family members of clients to help them become more knowledgeable about mental illness
- Providing crisis assessment and management of consumers during regular work hours
- M.D., D.O.
- Board Eligible / Certified
Your privacy is important to us. For consideration, please submit your CV in confidence and our recruiter will contact you to discuss job location and details before forwarding your CV to our client for an interview.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.