Permanent Psychiatry Job Bronx, NY
Psych MD/DO for Underserved Population
Our Client growing not-for-profit health care and social service agency that serves the homeless and underserved population of New York City is seeking a Mental Health providers for their more than thirty shelters and drop-in centers throughout NYC.
The Psychiatrist is responsible for providing care and treatment to the centers patients.
- Performs psychiatric evaluations, assessing mental disorders and recommendation for treatment
- Provides services in accordance with generally acceptable standards of medical practice
- Develops a plan of treatment/care for the patient that also includes education and follow-up visits
- Makes referrals, as indicated by the needs of the patient
- Communicates with other health care providers related to diagnosis, treatment and plan for the patient either verbally and/or through documentation in the medical record
- Maintains current and complete documentation in the medical record that reflects the care and services provided to the patient
- Adheres to the centers established policies and procedures
- Participates as a member of the medical staff and adheres to the medical staff bylaws
- Participates as a member of committees as requested by the Medical Director
- Provides supervision and consultation to staff psychiatric Nurse Practitioners/Physician assistants as requested by the Medical Director
Education & Experience:
- Current license as a physician in New York State.
- Completion of an accredited residency program in the field of psychiatry
- Meets all the requirements for appointment/reappointment as a member of the medical staff.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.