Permanent Pathology Job Fellowship trained Transfusion Pathologist needed in Southern PA, PA
An integrated health system in southern Pennsylvania is seeking a BC Transfusion Pathologist for a full-time, permanent, and employed position. Incoming physician will join a department consisting of 8 pathologists with certifications and expertise in multiple disciplines. This department primarily supports a regional 750+ bed tertiary care center as well as an outpatient surgery center, a rehabilitation hospital and associated physician offices. This is an extremely busy practice that has a wealth of interesting and challenging cases.
- Service supports a Level 1 Trauma center, a Liver & Kidney Transplant Center, a Cancer Infusion Center, NMICU, Adult & Pediatric EDs, and a Blood Management Program.
- Annual transfusions: >7900 units RBCs.
- Clinical lab has over 300 technologists, technicians, and support personnel. Also performs four (4) million tests per year.
- Annual Case Volumes: surgical pathology is over >34,000 with 5,600 non-GYN cytology cases, 1,355 FNAs, 241 bone marrow biopsies, and 26 autopsies.
- Expertise & additional training in neuropathology, transplant pathology, or microbiology are also desirable.
- Educational opportunities and leadership development are also available.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates should be BC in both anatomic and clinical pathology, have at least 3 years? post-training experience in a hospital setting, and the ability to obtain a PA license. Preference will be given to candidates who have fellowship training and certification in Transfusion Medicine. NO visa support.
OFFERING: A competitive salary plus incentive bonus, comprehensive benefits, including health dental, vision, life and disability insurance, medical liability insurance, paid time off, CME time and allowance, relocation assistance, retirement plan with employer match.
COMMUNITY: Berks County, PA, 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia. Home to the Berks Jazz Fest, held annually for more than 25 years. At the downtown Santander Performing Arts Center, recognized as one of the top 100 concert venues in the US, you can see entertainers from Elton John to Jerry Seinfeld. The Reading Symphony Orchestra and Reading Choral Society offer more traditional performances, while every year, tens of thousands flock to Reading for World War II Weekend that features living history re-enactors, vintage WWII aircraft, and military vehicles. The Reading Public Museum , Arboretum, and Neag Planetarium, offers historical and educational programs for families, adults, and children. GoggleWorks, a restored factory, is one of the largest, most comprehensive interactive community arts centers in the country. There they offer an exceptional opportunity for visitors to experience and learn about the arts in a working studio environment. Berks County offers excellent schools, affordable homes, colleges and parks in addition to a multitude of cultural, recreational, shopping, sporting attractions and social amenities all within driving distance of shore points, Philadelphia, Washington, DC and New York City.
Contact: Neal Fenster
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.