Full Time Family Practice Job Louisville, KY
We are seeking a one year Contract Nurse Practitioner with the possibility of an extension to join ChenMed in transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population ' moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases. As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently assesses acute and non-acute clinical problems. Performs and documents physical assessments and patient histories, analyzes trends in patient conditions, and develops, documents and implements a patient management plan in response to the data obtained. This also includes assisting in the development of the nursing plan of care in addition to providing appropriate patient/ family/significant other counseling and education.
- Plans patient care based on in-depth knowledge of the specific patient population and/ or protocol, anticipating and identifying physiological and/ or psychological problems commonly encountered including the consideration of the patient's cultural background, level of understanding, personality and support systems. Serves as patient advocate.
- Patient management includes the following:
- Writes admission, transfers and discharges orders.
- Orders and interprets appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies.
- Orders of appropriate medication and treatments.
- Refers patients for consultation when indicated i.e. dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, endocrine, surgery, intensive care, infectious disease, hematology, psychiatry, social service, dietary, etc.
- Documentation through in-depth progress notes and summaries.
- May perform invasive procedures independently upon the completion of documented competency.
- Participates in patient care rounds and conferences. Communicates patient management strategies to members of the patient care team. Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that patient management strategies are successful in meeting patient care needs.
- Recognizes situations which require the immediate attention of a physician, and initiates life-saving procedures when necessary.
- Uses advanced communication skills to problem solve complex situations and to improve processes and service to patients.
Other Responsibilities may include:
- Collaborates with other multidisciplinary team members to analyze and evaluate current systems of health care delivery to identify and implement new practice patterns as appropriate.
- Participates in outside activities that enhance personal and professional growth and development.
- Initiates arrangements and writes orders for SNF discharges and completes appropriate paperwork.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, nurses, PT, social workers, family and key caregivers to transition the patient to a lower level of care as soon as medically appropriate.
- Introduces self to patient/family and explain nurse practitioner role.
- Facilitates patient/family conferences to review treatment goals, optimize resource utilization, provide family education and identify post-SNF needs.
- Enhances a collaborative relationship to maximize the patient's/family's ability to make informed decisions re: goals of care, palliative care and hospice.
- Facilitates discharge to appropriate level of care and uses preferred providers when additional services are required.
- Prescribes medication to patients based on State of practice.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated record of consistently achieving clinical performance metrics in current role
- Strong Critical Thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Must be caring and empathetic and have great listening skills
- Must be detail-oriented, and able to pay close attention to patient charts, medications, and follow-up on details of patient care
- Basic computer skills and some knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- This position may require 50-75% of local travel
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for! This opportunity is for a one year Contractor Nurse Practitioner with the possibility of an extension. We are offering a great salary as well as excellent on the job traning!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what's happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.