Full Time Hospice Job Irvine, CA
The medical director of VITAS fulfills two primary functions, each of which is expected to consume approximately one half of the time and work effort of the position:
- The medical director has overall responsibility for medical direction of the care and treatment of patients and their families rendered by the hospice care team, and shall consult and cooperate with the patient's attending physician. The medical director provides physician direction and guidance to the hospice program, its physician employees, and other staff and volunteers to assure the maintenance of quality standards of care for patients and families.
- The medical director educates practicing physicians and others engaged in health care services regarding the hospice program and its potential benefits to patients.
In fulfilling the two primary functions explained above, the medical director performs the following duties:
- Quality of Clinical Care
- Supervision of team physicians (home care and inpatient)
- Community Relations
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of primary medical care, with at least a working knowledge of oncology.
- Knowledge of palliative care with particular emphasis on control of symptoms associated with terminal illness.
- Ability to work collaboratively with patients' attending physicians to implement the hospice program and effect optimum medical care.
- Ability to work collaboratively with hospice employees and volunteers as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Membership in good standing on the medical staff of an accredited hospital in the state in which the hospice is located.
- Medical malpractice and liability insurance in amounts and with carriers satisfactory to VITAS.
- Positive recommendation to the general manager or area vice president from corporate medical officer.
- License to practice medicine in the state in which the program is operating.
- Board certification in a medical specialty which deals with care of the terminally ill, such as Internal Medicine, Oncology or Family Practice, with at least a working knowledge of medical oncology and demonstrated expertise in the principles of palliative medicine and symptom management.
- SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.