Full Time Telemedicine Job Remote Leadership Genetic Oncology Opportunity, ME
The Maine Medical Center Cancer Institute is seeking a full-time Remote Medical Oncologist with expertise in Cancer Genetics risk assessment and counseling as an attending physician within the Cancer Risk and Prevention Clinic. Joining the current 2 physicians, 3 full-time and 1 part-time cancer genetic counselors; with plans to add an additional full-time counselor in the next year.
- Provide leadership and remote service at Maine Medical Center and throughout the rapidly evolving MaineHealth Cancer Care Network.
- Demonstrate expertise in the areas of predictive and preventive oncology, with a focus on the assessment and management of hereditary cancer susceptibility disorders.
- Expertise in molecular oncology is highly desirable and would add enormous value to our organization.
- Participate in the evolving Maine Cancer Genomics Initiative led by the Jackson Laboratory, in partnership with the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
- Appointment on the faculty of Tufts University School of Medicine and participating in the MMC-Tufts Medical School MaineTrack program are expected.
- Provide clinical leadership for our rapidly evolving cancer risk assessment service.
- Provide clinical telemedicine supporting theongoing growth of our tele-genetic services.
- Training and experience in health services research is desirable.
Situated on the Maine coast, Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small-town friendliness. The area provides four season recreational opportunities, such as skiing, hiking, sailing, and miles of beautiful beaches. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and vibrant community.
For additional information, contact:
Enterprise Medical Recruiting
Job ID: PS-2009-86194
Contact: Neal Fenster
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.