Full Time Cardiovascular Surgery Job Baltimore, MD
HEADLINE: Baltimore, MD: Cardiac Surgeon is needed to join Cardiovascular Institute of a large teaching hospital. CVI has 2 Cardiac Surgeons, 39 Cardiologists, and 12 Vascular Surgeons. Their Cardiac Surgery Department performs 350 to 400 cases/procedures per year. Full spectrum of adult cardiac surgical procedures are performed. Catheter-based skills (e.g., TAVR and endovascular surgery) are desired/needed. Employed by very well-regarded regional health-care system. $ Excellent financial package!
LOCATION: Baltimore, Maryland:
- This Cardiac Surgery opportunity is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Please scroll down below regarding information about the city of Baltimore.
- Located in Baltimore, MD, a Cardiac Surgeon is needed to join a busy Cardiovascular Institute.
- Their CVI currently consists of 2 Cardiovascular Surgeons, 39 Cardiologists and 12 Vascular Surgeons.
QUALIFICATIONS OF DESIRED CANDIDATE:
- Candidate must be a Board Certified cardiac surgeon.
- Catheter-based skills (e.g., TAVR and endovascular surgery) are all desired and needed.
- Experience: At least five years of experience in clinical surgery encompassing all aspects of adult cardiac surgery.
- The candidate must present documentation of a suitable number of cases and have verifiable excellent outcomes.
- The Cardiac Surgery Division maintains a well-established, high-quality program. The Cardiac volume ranges from 350 to 400 cases per year.
- They do a full spectrum of adult cardiac surgical procedures, including TAVR.
- Their procedural volume is increasing due to the growth of the hospital system as well as area growth.
- The new Cardiac Surgeon will be based at this well-regarded teaching hospital.
- It is comprised of a highly-regarded Cardiovascular Institute and a Division of the Department of Surgery. (These departments are separate from the General Thoracic Surgery and Vascular Surgery Divisions and include a Level II Trauma Center and independent General Surgery Residency.)
- The Cardiac Surgery Division has consistently ranked highest in the Mid-Atlantic area in outcomes!
- Call: It is very light. Shared calls at 26 weeks per year, as most cardiac procedures are elective.
- They provide 24/7, 365 days of Advanced Practice Provider support.
- They employ 20 Advanced Practice Providers to support their CVI.
- Their hospital also has two dedicated cardiac operating rooms with their own staff.
- They have a dedicated Cardiac ICU, step-down unit.
- There is strong support from their administration.
- Its renowned Centers of Excellence provide specialized, advanced care by teams of experts.
- Their Bio-Incubator gives emerging biotech and health sciences companies lab space and access to leading physicians.
- They also have close ties with a prestigious university which allows consideration for academic appointment there.
- Their cardiac surgeons and physicians of all specialties are all employed by this state-of-the art teaching hospital.
- This large teaching hospital is owned by a very well-regarded regional health-care system.
- They are offering a very competitive financial compensation package, will includes:
- Strong starting base salary
- There is also an RVU-based productivity incentive.
- In addition, they provide a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
- The earning potential is excellent!
INFORMATION REGARDING BALTIMORE, MARYLAND:
- Baltimore, Maryland has approximately 800,000-plus residents.
- This hospital’s service area population is in excess of 1.2 million.
- It is the largest city in Maryland and one of the great port cities of the world.
- Baltimore is an exciting city, with charming neighborhoods, ethnic and cultural diversity, Chesapeake Bay cuisine and a wealth of history.
- This great city also offers excellent educational facilities.
- You will also be able to take full advantage of, and have easy accessibility to, historical Washington, D.C., and is located only one hour away.
- Baltimore has a wide variety of restaurants to satisfy nearly every palate.
- It is also a sports fan's dream come true, including baseball, football and soccer teams.
- A temperate climate, beautiful waterfront homes, great shopping, superb dining options, excellent educational facilities, and a plethora of cultural activities all contribute to making Baltimore a great city to live and practice Cardiac Surgery!
Anapol Enterprises, LLC
200 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016-4827
800-388-6478 (Day and evening)
New York residents: 212-545-7660 (Day and evening)
Fax: Please call first.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.