Full Time Surgery Job New York, NY
HEADLINE: New York City: Two positions available: (1) Chairman of Surgery Department and (2) Staff General Surgeon. Both physicians will work at a New York City Medical Center that is closely affiliated with a major academic/teaching hospital.The Chairman of Surgery will be involved in both clinical and administrative aspects of the Department. These are both employed opportunities. $ They are offering a very competitive financial package. They will be able to sponsor Visas.
- Located in the New York City area, a New York City Medical Center that is closely affiliated with a major academic medical center/teaching hospital is recruiting two General Surgeons.
- A) Board Certified Chairman of the Surgery Department
- B) BE/BC General Surgeon to be an attending at this hospital.
- The Surgery Department includes: General Surgery (Bread and Butter), Vascular Surgery, Ophthalmologic Surgery, ENT, Urology Surgery, Hand Surgery as well as general Orthopedic Surgery, etc.
- The only specialties not included are Invasive Cardiology and Neurology Surgery.
- They have six general surgeons on staff as well as many subspecialty surgeons.
- They also have five surgery residents who rotate through this medical center who are being trained at a closely affiliated major academic/teaching hospital.
- They do 6,000 to 8,000 surgery cases per year at this institution.
- They have five active operating rooms.
- Some of the surgeries performed are Minimally-Invasive Laparoscopic surgeries.
- They will be able to sponsor Visa candidates.
- Availability: General Surgeons who have prior work experience and who are already in practice and General Surgery residents and fellows who will be available during 2021 will all be strongly considered and are all welcome to apply for the two General Surgery positions.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS OF CANDIDATE:
- Chairman of the Surgery Department is required to be Board Certified in General Surgery.
- New York State license in good standing is required.
- For the Chairman opportunity, leadership/directorship experience is preferred. However, if the candidate does not have any previous chairmanship/leadership experience but wants to assume such a role, she/he is welcome to apply.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE CHAIRMAN POSITION:
- The new Chairman of the Surgery Department will be involved in both clinical and administrative duties of the Surgery Department. It will be 50% Administrative duties and 50% clinical responsibilities.
- Work in the clinic doing outpatient/ambulatory surgery.
- Perform operations involving the endocrine system, gastrointestinal tract, liver, colon, and other parts of the body.
- Perform appendix and gall bladder removals, colonoscopies, thyroidectomies, and bariatric surgeries.
- Treat injuries such as broken bones and diseases such as cancerous tumors and deformities.
FINANCIAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
- This is an employed opportunity.
- This medical center is offering a very competitive starting salary.
- They are also providing a complete fringe benefits package which includes, but is not limited to:
- Paid Malpractice Insurance (fully covered)
- Major Medical/Health Insurance for candidate and family members
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Loan Repayment plan and much more!
INFORMATION REGARDING NEW YORK CITY:
- NEW YORK CITY (exceeding 8.6 million people) is the most populous city in the United States! A key component to its strength is its diversity.
- As what many people refer to as the Capital of the World, New York City offers some of the most sought after real estate. With such prestigious locations including the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, and the Chrysler Building, a New York City business address brings global recognition and respect.
- New York City offers a broad range of educational opportunities to its youth. From public, private, parochial, and non-religious, all types of schooling are available. Their public school system is the largest in the nation. New York City boasts more than 100 institutions of higher learning. From public to private, the college-level and post-graduate learning opportunities are endless!
- The recreational and sporting activities available in New York City are endless, appealing to all ages and ranging from Amusement Parks to the Bronx Zoo.
- With its educated, worldly, resourceful, and motivated population, New Yorkers comprise a city that is second to none! New York is the grandest, most dynamic, sophisticated and diverse city in the world!
Ms. Judy Anapol
Anapol Enterprises, LLC
200 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016-4827
800-388-6478 (Day and evening)
New York residents: 212-545-7660 (Day and evening)
Fax: Please call first.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.