Full Time Medical Director Job Tampa, FL
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds and advises A/PA teams in each market in the region of responsibility.
- Review of acute and post-acute census, advising teams on clinical issues related to census, and influencing optimal clinical and site of care appropriateness for our patients.
- Coaches local medical leaders to build relationships and influence with specialists in emergency, acute, and post-acute care.
- Participates in medical discussions with specialists as needed, in collaboration with the network team, to develop utilization and medical cost reduction strategies.
- Implements national transitional care policies and procedures in each market in the region, including but not limited to those involving acute case management of hospitalized patients, community-based case management, hospitalist services, skilled nursing care, home health care.
- Serves as Delegated Utilization Management physician reviewer for markets with that function.
- Champions the vision, mission, and values of the organization and the associated behaviors.
- Samples/participates in the market’s transforming care meetings.
- Develop and participates in quality improvement national policies and procedures.
- Coaches physicians and other clinicians in support of the overall quality and cost-effective performance in the market
- Delivers introductory training for new practitioners.
- Participates in team meetings and leads focused clinical discussions market-wide multidisciplinary meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
MARKERS OF SUCCESS:
- NPS for Hospital Care Teams
- Lowering Complexity
- Readmission (7 Days)
- PCP Engagement
Cost Per Encounter
- Appropriate Level of Care à Admit v. Obs v. ER
- Adherence to the right Specialists (PPL Management / Leakage Control)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team in collaborative settings required
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to staff and to build the trust and respect of patients, staff, colleagues, and external contacts
- Must possess strong clinical skills in the management of seniors with complex medical needs throughout all environments of care
- Strong leadership and communication skills, the ability to build relationships with external organizations, and interest in information technology applications in medical settings
- Ability to effectively work across multiple markets and teams to optimize the performance of local leaders and their teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including creativity, resourcefulness, timeliness, and technical knowledge related to analyzing and resolving medical/administrative problems
- Good analytical skills and the ability to manage for results
- Excellent medical skills with proven positive outcomes
- Conflict management and resolution skills, and ideally, experience of population risk management or complex chronic disease care management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 40% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.