Permanent Pediatrics Job , ME
Pediatrics Physician Opportunity - Northern Maine - J1 and H1B Visa Candidates Accepted
We are a community of providers committed to excellence in patient-centered healthcare and to improving the lives of those we serve. We are actively engaged in advancing the health and wellness needs of people in northern Maine, including the unserved and underserved.
Pediatric Practice Opportunity
We have 30 physicians and 26 mid-level providers. In the Fall of 2007, the practice was designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center, providing enhanced access to health care services for all members of the community, and allowing the practice to employ providers holding H-1B and J-1 visas. In 2016 The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) awarded us for Oral Health expansion. The HRSA grant award improves and expands the delivery of oral health through our services area which encompasses 22 towns across 900 square miles. In addition, HRSA also awarded us with multiple grants for their quality performance. We led the field of 18 health center grantees in Maine with awards across four categories, including a prestigious National Quality Leaders award.
For over 38 years our organization has provided care to a service area population numbering about 35,000 people.
Unlimited potential exists for a Pediatrician to join our practice in a community that is economically, culturally, and socially inviting. This opportunity has come about due to relocation of an existing Pediatrician. Our community prides itself on the high quality of its public school system, extremely low crime rate and family-oriented community activities. The community boasts a new multi-million dollar Recreation and Wellness Center that offers programs and activities for all ages.
As an employee, the successful Pediatrician will receive a competitive salary, generous health and welfare benefits package, professional liability insurance, CME reimbursement, relocation assistance, and education loan repayment, if applicable. The physician will also receive an annual allowance for licensing, DEA registration, professional society memberships, and medical journal subscriptions. All of our primary care health centers are approved for participation in the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayer program. Immigration assistance provided by expert legal counsel is provided at the expense of the practice for candidates needing a J-1 waiver, H-1B visa or green card.
Pediatric Practice Profile:
- 3 Obstetricians and 2 Certified Nurse Midwives
- 2 Pediatricians
- The leader of deliveries, north of Bangor Maine, with over 200 deliveries annually
- Anesthesiologist on call at all times at hospital
- NICU not available at Medical Center, however a pediatric critical care transport team from Eastern Maine Medical Center with mobile NICU and fixed-wing air transport is readily available
- The practice is conveniently attached to the hospital with easy internal stairway access to the hospital’s maternal/child unit and Operating Rooms one floor above.
- Telephone triage system to screen after-hours calls. The Center offers extended early morning and evening hours two days a week, and our Health Center is open two additional weekday evenings and Saturdays from 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM for ease of patient access. When medically necessary, OB and Pediatric patients can access the ER at hospital for after-hours care. The ER is staffed 24/7 by a Board-certified Emergency Physician.
- Access to hospital outpatient clinics including Cardiology, Pulmonary, Hematology/Oncology, Endocrinology, Neurosurgical, Ear, Nose and Throat, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, and Podiatry, and Rheumatology, along with diabetes counseling and nutritional therapy
Expectations – grow the practice as families move into the area to support the growth of local industry, including the Defense Financing and Accounting Service (DFAS), the Maine Military Authority and an influx in the number of U.S. Border Patrol officers.
- Status: Full-time: 5 days per week, including one early evening each week on a rotating basis; Saturday morning hours may be considered in the future.
- Patients: Patient profile is newborn to approximately age 18
- Call: 1 in 3 rotation with infrequent requirement to come into the hospital for pediatric admissions; pediatricians attend all C-sections. PALS certification required, NRP certification highly desirable.
Qualifications of Applicants:
- Board Certified or board eligible on defined track to become Board Certified
- Allopathic and osteopathic physicians will be considered equally
- American born and trained physicians and foreign-born physicians who have completed a US residency and/or fellowship will be considered equally. H-1B and J-1 candidates can be considered.
- In-practice physicians, residents or fellows, and military-trained physicians will be considered equally
If interested, call Scott at 561-413-9455
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.