Full Time Orthopedics Job ME
Orthopedic Surgeon - Northern Maine - J1 and H1 Visa Candidates Accepted
Orthopedic Surgeon Opportunity
In the fall of 2007, the practice was designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center, providing enhanced access to health care services for all members of the community, and allowing the practice to employ providers holding H-1B and J-1 visas. We received a multi-year New Access Points grant from the Federal government in the fall of 2007. Our inaugural fully integrated electronic medical record system became operational in 2011.
For over 30 years we have provided care to a service area population numbering about 35,000 people.
Unlimited potential exists for Orthopedic Surgeons to join our practice, serving at Medical Center. These opportunities have come about due to the expansion of our services to the community and the Medical Center. The communities we serve are economically, culturally, and socially inviting.
As an employee, the successful Orthopedic Surgery candidate will receive a competitive salary, generous health and welfare benefits package, professional liability insurance, CME reimbursement, relocation assistance, and education loan repayment, if applicable. Physicians also receive an annual allowance for licensing, DEA registration, professional society membership, and medical journal subscriptions. Immigration assistance provided by expert legal counsel is provided at the expense of the practice for candidates needing a J-1 waiver, H-1B visa or green card.
- Specialists available include urology, general surgery, ophthalmology, neurology, all hospitalists practicing at Medical Center, and occupational medicine
- Access to hospital outpatient clinics including Cardiology, Pulmonary, Hematology/Oncology, Endocrinology, Neurosurgical, Ear, Nose and Throat, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Podiatry, and Rheumatology, along with diabetes counseling and nutritional therapy
Expectations â€“ Grow the practice by providing high quality, efficient inpatient and outpatient care. Communicate effectively on an ongoing basis with office-based referring primary care physicians, with specialists at tertiary referral centers by telephone, coordinating patient transfers to appropriate tertiary centers as medically necessary.
- Status: Full-time
- Patients: Community profile includes a large cohort of elderly patients with co-morbidities, extensive engagement with middle school, high school, junior college and university athletic programs
- On-Call Rotation â€“ 1:3, with the expectation that call will be handled collaboratively with other orthopedic surgeons in the practice group
- Our Orthopedics, Sports Medicine & Podiatry currently has three Surgeons in the practice; a general Orthopedic Surgeon, an Orthopedic Upper Extremities Specialist and a Podiatrist, as well as two mid-level providers.
Qualifications of applicants:
* Board Certified or board eligible on defined track to become Board Certified
* Allopathic and osteopathic physicians will be considered equally
* American born and trained physicians and foreign-born physicians who have completed a US residency and/or fellowship will be considered equally. H-1B and J-1 visa candidates will be considered.
* In-practice physicians, residents or fellows, and military-trained physicians will be considered equally
Call Scott at 561-413-9455
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.