Permanent Pediatrics Job Mount Airy, NC
Pediatrics Physician - North of Winston-Salem, NC
'Practice is located 2.7 miles from hospital.
' There are currently four physicians and one nurse practitioner on staff.
' Office hours: 8:00 am ' 8:00pm, Monday through Thursday, 8:00am ' 5:00pm on Fridays 9:00 am ' 1:00pm, Saturdays (work one every 3 months)
' Physicians see an average of 21-28 patients per day, per provider.
' Physicians see both outpatient and inpatient. Hospital inpatient pediatric patients average around 2-3 patients per day. More in the winter months or flu season periods, less in the summer.
' Pediatricians are required to attend C-section cases at the hospital but not vaginal deliveries, unless a medical concern with the newborn is anticipated and the delivering physician requests a pediatrician be present. Hospital does around 80-90 C-sections a year. The OB/Gyn Physicians perform the circumcisions.
' On-Call: one full week per call period, Monday 8:00am ' Monday 8:00am. The Physician must be able to respond physically onsite within 20 minutes to a call. (This means you must live within 20 minutes of drive time from the hospital.)
' During the weeks when on-call, typically a physician will perform rounds first, work in the office 11:00 am ' 3:30 pm, then perform rounds again in the evening.
' On Saturdays, patients are sick visits only, scheduled only (no walk-ins). One Pediatrician takes two Saturdays a month, so the other providers work only one Saturday every 2 months.
' The typical work-week is 4 days, with all physicians rotating for one late evening a week for those providers who are not on call.
' We have an after-hours patient call line that triages patient calls during closed hours. The triage service has access to the physician schedules and will make appointments as needed. You are typically only contacted for a critical lab value or pediatric admission when on call.
We do offer the following to our candidates:
- Hospital employed
- Guaranteed base + wRVU comp for entire contract term (usually 3 or 4 years)
- Relocation assistance (up to $20,000 reimbursement)
- Sign-on / Loan Assistance/ Educational Assistance bonus (one of the 3 ' avg = $50,000)
- Residency stipend (up to $25,000)
- Temporary Housing (fully furnished , 2 bedroom condo- 3 months deducted from relocation, option to lease 3 more months at reasonable rate)
- 25 PTO days annually (no carryover)
- 5 CME, up to $6000 CME dollars annually
- Full benefits and retirement packages available for purchase (as all other employees)
- Orthopedics and Pediatrics have separate call pay
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.