Permanent Gastroenterology Job , NC
• There are currently two physicians on staff.
• Office hours: 8:00 am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
• Physicians see an average of 16 patients per day, per provider in the office.
• On-Call: Rotation is currently 1:2
• Typical in-office procedures performed: Diagnosis and Treatment of Ulcers Esophageal Reflux Treatment
• In Day Surgery / Operating Room procedures: Upper Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Capsule Endoscopy, Esophageal Dilation, and Liver Biopsy
• Operating room procedures are done 2-3 days a week.
• The Surgery Center was built in 2009 with four Operating Rooms and one Cystoscopy room. All OR’s are set up the same so there is no adjusting from one room to another. The surgeons are scheduled in blocks of time.
• There is Sub-Sterile area for each operating room
• Current Surgical procedure types performed hospital
- o Urology
- o ENT
- o Orthopedic (Total joint replacement, trauma, sports-related injuries)
- o Gastroenterology procedures
- o C-Sections
- o Gynecology
- o Podiatry
- o Ophthalmology (cataract removal, lens implants)
- o General Surgery (appendectomies, cholecystectomies, etc.)
• Surgical Services is comprised of four departments: Day Surgery, Operating Room, Holding/PACU, and Central Sterile Supply (CSS).
• There are fifty-seven employees consisting of RN’s, LPN’s, Surgical Techs, CSS Techs, Nursing Assistants, Patient Care Techs, plus department secretarial staff.
• Call teams are scheduled for after-hours, weekends, holidays, and urgent/emergent surgeries or labor epidurals
• The Anesthesia Department staff is a contracted service with four or more CRNA’s and one Anesthesiologist on location daily. This service also supplies staff for call coverage and at all other times needed when surgical staff are on-site for procedures (holidays, emergencies, etc.).
• Our Operating and Day Surgery rooms use high quality equipment and services, such as:
o Stryker Video
o Total hips, knees and trauma using the Depuy-Synthes trauma instrumentation and implants.
o Digital Ureteroscope
o Olympus endoscopes
• Currently the Day Surgery Center performs around 1320 procedures per year while the Operating Room performs around 3600 procedures annually
We do offer the following to our candidates:
- Hospital employed
- Guaranteed base + wRVU comp for entire contract term (usually 3 or 4 years)
- Relocation assistance (up to $20,000 reimbursement)
- Sign-on / Loan Assistance/ Educational Assistance bonus (one of the 3 – avg = $50,000)
- Residency stipend (up to $25,000)
- Temporary Housing (fully furnished , 2 bedroom condo- 3 months deducted from relocation, option to lease 3 more months at reasonable rate)
- 25 PTO days annually (no carryover)
- 5 CME, up to $6000 CME dollars annually
- Full benefits and retirement packages available for purchase (as all other employees)
- Orthopedics and Pediatrics have separate call pay
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.