Seeking an Associate Medical Director board-certified in a Primary Care specialty to serve as the lead in the day-to-day oversight of Gotham Health's Vanderbilt Clinic on Staten Island. In this role, you will oversee the hiring and development of staff, as well as ensuring financial viability and quality. Take this opportunity to collaborate with management to develop strategies and policies, as well as provide leadership and vision in new medical delivery areas. Be a part of an outstanding program that is innovating care for the poor and vulnerable while experiencing all the incredible opportunities New York City has to offer. Duties will include:
- Oversight of one of the newest community health centers within NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham Health
- Implementing effective integration and coordination of the clinical services department
- Scheduling and conducting clinical staff meetings
- Orienting and mentoring all new physicians/mid-level providers
- Ensuring medical staff activities are coordinated with other operating units of the organization
- Supporting an influx of new patients, due to the NYC Care expansion
- 20% clinical and 80% administrative
- Includes oversight of dentistry and behavioral health
Where You'll Work
Gotham Health is a Federally Qualified Healthcare Provider formed in 2012 to enable individuals and families to address healthcare needs in their own neighborhoods. Gotham Health includes 7 community health centers and 33 primary care neighborhood and school-based clinics that serve more than 100,000 New Yorkers annually. Gotham Health provides easy to access high-quality, affordable health care services with a focus on primary care.
Where You'll Live
Staten Island is the southernmost of New York City's five boroughs and has the lowest cost-of-living. Known for its gorgeous homes and architecture, Staten Island also boasts more than 170 parks, and its two popular beaches can be reached by the famous Staten Island Ferry. Snug Harbor is considered Staten Island's "crown jewel." Once home to aging seamen, it features 83 acres of fountains, museums, art schools, music auditoriums and more than 20 gardens.
Who You'll Work For
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States, providing essential inpatient, outpatient and home-based services to over one million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations, both community- and hospital-based, across the city's five boroughs. With 11 acute-care hospitals, five long-term care facilities and a network of primary care clinics, its diverse workforce empowers New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 11469