Permanent Psychiatry Job Albuquerque, NM
This excellent health center is seeking a psychiatrist with specialized training in addiction diagnosis and treatment as it relates to the reciprocal impact of psychiatric and substance use disorders. Certification in Addictions Psychiatry is preferred. Performs clinical service within the Behavioral Health Program as directed.
- Provides BH intervention, support and treatment for SUD program in the specialty outpatient setting.
- Maintains active or associate membership on PHS Medical Staff in good standing. Abides by all relevant obligations as set forth in the Rules and Regulations of PHS Medical Staff Organization.
- Works in a collegial, facilitative manner with PHS physicians and all appropriate medical staff sections and departments.
- Performs professional clinical duties as the psychiatrist of record for patients as directed, according to accepted standards of professional psychiatric practice. This includes collaboration and effective communication with nursing and ancillary staff, participation in multi-disciplinary treatment planning, and thorough documentation in medical record.
- Participates in on-call duties in rotation with other staff psychiatrists as directed.
- Active participation in initiatives to improve clinical and service quality as directed by program administration.
- Serves in a leadership role in regard to the care of own patients. With input from nursing and ancillary staff, directing the course of treatment and educating staff.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
- Full Time permanent position
- Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Wellness programs
- Vacation Time
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing Medical Education Allowance
- AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
Contact: Neal Fenster
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.