Full Time Family Practice Job Asheville
What Is CareMore?
CareMore is entering a new growth phase, as a proven care delivery model for the highest-risk. We are a team of committed clinicians and business leaders passionate about transforming American healthcare delivery. We build and lead integrated, multi-disciplinary clinical teams to care for the most complex patients and currently serve nearly 200,000 patients in multiple states across Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial populations. We strive for excellence and have achieved significant and measurable improvement in total cost of care, clinical outcomes, and experience. As an Anthem subsidiary, we benefit from the scale and resources one of America’s largest managed healthcare organizations.
CareMore’s Health Networks, Primary Care+, Touch and CareMore@Home models drive strategy, operations, and care delivery in our national markets (Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Iowa, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and the District of Columbia), where CareMore builds and runs capitated primary care medical groups, at-risk health networks and upstream care delivery products in service of high-risk Medicaid, Medicare and commercial patients.
Our comprehensive, upstream approach to health is led by robust multidisciplinary teams of extensivists (managing acute and post-acute episodes of care), primary care clinicians, behavioral health clinicians, care management & engagement specialists (including social workers, case managers and community health workers), and mobile home-based care teams. We continue to evolve our model to effectively engage and care for complex patients, led by a team of passionate, execution-minded leaders dedicated to this mission.
For more information, visit http://www.caremore.com/
You can learn more about CareMore’s transformative approach to care here:
- Des Moines Register – New Model: Insurers Hire Doctors
- The Atlantic – The Quiet Healthcare Revolution
- The New York Times – The High Price of Failing America’s Costliest Patients
Responsible for providing Internal Medicine/Family Practice Services to patients.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining, and treating clinical patients.
- Educates patients and families on wellness, prevention and early detection.
- Provides referrals based on examination and patient needs.
- Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and patient care programs.
- Provides oversight and support advanced practice providers
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests, and inquiries from patients.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations.
- Completes medical records (EMR) documentation daily.
- Covers night calls as needed
- Collaborates with local providers and health systems
- Monitor and manage market performance.
- a MD or DO.
- Requires current unrestricted medical licensure in applicable state(s) and board eligibility or board certification.
- Internal Medicine or Family Medicine board certification preferred
- 3 years post residency experience preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
- DEA license required.
- For CareMore business units, satisfactory completion of a pre-placement Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.