Part Time Psychiatry Adult Job Westchester, NY, NY
Psychiatrist - Adult Inpatient, (part-time or full-time)
The Attending Psychiatrist will have responsibility for clinical care and educational activities on a 24-bed acute adult inpatient unit, including collaborating with a multidisciplinary treatment team. He/she will participate in activities related to clinical care and documentation of care, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, resident and medical student education, and continuing surveillance of the professional performance of the clinical staff.
- Participate in staff meetings, team meetings, and clinical conferences.
- Collect pertinent data and complete investigations and reports; and integrate and coordinate the unit’s activities with hospital and department programs (patient care, teaching, research, and community health programs).
- Strive to achieve continued strong relationships with the voluntary physician community and work collaboratively on program development, accordingly.
- Maintain the standards of the medical records in the sections and assure that they are promptly written and acceptable in content and quality.
- Participate in the Hospital’s overall performance improvement program in accordance
- with Hospital policies and the policies of accrediting organizations; such participation
- shall include recommendation of procedures to ensure the consistency and quality of all
- clinical services provided by the Hospital and leadership of monthly Section meetings.
- Coordinate services for those patients who move to another location to ensure continuity of care. Facilitates transfer of the case to local behavioral health care case management resources, as appropriate
- Evaluate the impact of diagnosis or lack of diagnosis with unexplained chronic symptoms on individual and family systems as well as assess patients functioning in work, family and routines of daily living and identify areas needing continued support, resources, and treatment in order to assist patients.
- Assess and resolve complex social, economic and psychosocial problems that may impact on service members and their family's medical treatment as inpatients or while the service member is being evaluated for medical discharge from the service by providing direct case work services to include screening, assessment, referral, consultation and education.
- Assist the Departmental Director in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care, treatment, and services provided in the section.
- Perform Mental Status Evaluations, History and mental status exams on assigned patients and other clinical examinations requiring a DSM -IV diagnosis.
- Initiates consults and referrals as indicated.
- Pharmacotherapy as indicated in treatment plan.
- Responsible for the completion of individual workload accountability in accordance with clinic, medical treatment facility and program requirements.
- Provide high quality, patient-centered care to psychiatric patients seen in the Emergency Department, Inpatient Psychiatry Unit and other patient care units at the hospital.
- Maintains psychiatric on call duties as assigned.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.