Locum Tenens Internal Medicine Job NEW YORK, NY
A recognized nonprofit organization located in New York City is actively seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP) for a promising opportunity on their staff. In this role, the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP) will be responsible for providing assistance for people who are struggling with a wide range of emotional and social problems. Opportunities are available in Queens and Brooklyn. Apply today!
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP) will:
- Provide psychiatric assessment and clarification of clinical diagnosis
- Recommend treatment options and provide client education on mental health issues and strategies for recovery and review client’s progress and recommend discharge and aftercare planning
- Participate in case conferences
- Prescribe psychotropic medication as appropriate for client care
- Collaborate with clinical staff regarding clinical care issues
- Assist with urgent/crisis situations by conducting evaluations, interventions, and/or consultation to the Clinical team
- 1+ year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- A Nurse Practitioner degree with specialized training or experience in Psychiatry
- NYS Nurse Practitioner (NP) license
- Current DEA registration for prescribing controlled substances
- Previous experience working with the Adolescent and Pediatric population
- Solid assessment, clinical, and documentation skills
- Patient oriented
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
Your privacy is important to us. For consideration, please submit your CV in confidence and our recruiter will contact you to discuss job location and details before forwarding your CV to our client for an interview.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.