Full Time Psychiatry Adult Job New York, NY
HEADLINE: New York City: Two positions available: (1) Director of Psychiatric Emergency Medicine Services and (2) Staff Psychiatry position. Both psychiatrists will work at a medical center that is closely affiliated with a major academic medical center/teaching hospital. The Director of Psychiatric Emergency Medicine Services will be involved in both clinical and administrative aspects of the Department. These are both employed opportunities. $ They are offering an extremely competitive starting salary. Excellent earning potential. They will be able to sponsor Visa candidates.
- Located in the New York City area, a New York City institution that is closely affiliated with a major academic medical center/teaching hospital is recruiting two psychiatrists:
- A) Board Certified Psychiatrist needed to be the Director of Psychiatric Emergency Medicine Services.
- B) BE/BC Psychiatrist for a staff position.
- They are well staffed with psychiatrists, social workers, psychiatric nurses and emergency medicine nurses.
- They will be able to sponsor Visa candidates.
- AVAILABILITY: For both Psychiatry positions: Psychiatrists who will be finishing their training during June of 2019 and June of 2020 as well as Psychiatrists who are in practice with previous work experience will all be strongly considered and are all welcome to apply.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS OF CANDIDATE:
- Board Certified Psychiatrist is required for the Directorship position
- New York State license in good standing required
- For the Directorship opportunity, previous leadership/directorship experience is preferred. However, if the candidate does not have any leadership experience but wants to assume such a role, she/he is welcome to apply.
- Administrative control of psychiatric emergency services as well as the following:
- Make a bi-weekly MD schedule for full time and moonlighting attending psychiatrists
- Represent the department of psychiatry during the morning report
- Lead morning meetings in the psychiatric emergency room with physicians, nurses and social workers
- Represent the Division of Emergency Psychiatric Assessment at management meetings and inter-departmental meetings
- Patient triage, referral to acute ER or consultation with other medical specialties when indicated.
- Assessment of new patients and those already under observation
- Medication management
- Ordering of lab work
- Radiology exams and other possible testing
- Completing appropriate documentation for admission
- Evaluating clinical paperwork sent from other hospitals when appropriate
- Accepting transfer patients
- Supervising Psychiatry Interns and Emergency Medicine Residents
- Involved in Crisis Management
- Compiling evening/weekend sign out for evening/weekend covering physicians
FINANCIAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
- These are both employed opportunities.
- This medical center is offering an extremely competitive starting salary. It will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- They are also providing a complete fringe benefits package which includes, but is not limited to:
- Paid Malpractice Insurance (fully covered)
- Major Medical/Health Insurance for candidate and family members
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- The earning potential is excellent!
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING NEW YORK CITY:
- NEW YORK CITY (exceeding 8.6 million people) is the most populous city in the United States! A key component to its strength is its diversity.
- As what many people refer to as the “Capitol of the World,” New York City offers some of the most sought after real estate. With such prestigious locations including the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, and the Chrysler Building, a New York City business address brings global recognition and respect.
- New York City offers a broad range of educational opportunities to its youth. From public, private, parochial, and non-religious, all types of schooling are available. Their public school system is the largest in the nation. New York City boasts more than 100 institutions of higher learning. From public to private, the college-level and post-graduate learning opportunities are endless!
- The recreational and sporting activities available in New York City are endless, appealing to all ages and ranging from Amusement Parks to the Bronx Zoo.
- With its educated, worldly, resourceful, and motivated population, New Yorkers comprise a city that is second to none! New York is the grandest, most dynamic, sophisticated and diverse city in the world!
Ms. Judy Anapol
Anapol Enterprises, LLC
200 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016-4827
800-388-6478 (Day and evening)
New York residents: 212-545-7660 (Day and evening)
Fax: Please call first.
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.